biofuel

I read this week in a "tree hugger/meditation /good for the earth" book that vw motors will run on biofuel with very little changes made to the motor. Does anyone in this group have any knowledge of this. I have run bio in my old 63 diesel Internation Jeep with very little change out of parts, just straining the oils.

Will vw do this?

Rick

Reply to
Rick Bass

Well there was this '71 Beetle that had diesel in the tank. I could not get it to start and run until I drained the tank and installed gas.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I quess the vw would have to be a diesel rabbit, oh well....

Rick Bass

check out greasecar.com

our local news (kvbc.com) did a whole thing on this. They took an old Jetta and gave it the greasecar conversion and then smogged it and took it to the track. Afterwords, they brought it to an independent VW service center and got them to look at the motor. No ill or adverse effects as a result of the conversion! Pretty Neat!

Scott Faivre

64 C> I quess the vw would have to be a diesel rabbit, oh well....
Reply to
admin

here's a link to the local news:

Scott Faivre