blinker/hazard light stops blinking

I have a VW Jetta 2001. My blinker/harzard lights seemed to have developed a complex. Sometimes they stop blinking. Usually when I turn on the signal it will blink a couple of times and them stop. If I tap the dash board near the harazard light switch it will start blinking again for a little while and then stop again.

It doesn't bother be much but my inspection is coming up and it will bother them. I guess it's a loose connection or the box behind the harazd switch which I assume controls the blinking. I would gladly replace it except I can't seem to figure out how to pop the thing out. I found some information that says I need "VW TOOL T10034" to release the spring loaded retaining button in order to pull the switch out from the dash. My guess is this "special tool" just pushes some hidden button to release the spring but I can't see a damn thing looking in the little hole of the neighboring switch cover.

Anyone able to pop this thing out using something more common...a screwdriver, paper clip, etc...??????

I would bring it in except they always tell me nothings wrong or they can't find the problem and then charnge me $90.00 an hour while "looking for the problem".

thanks. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

-richie

Reply to
richie

You are in the wrong group, but most likely the problem is the hazard switch itself. The switch has the flasher integrated with it, and these sometimes fail. They cost about $40 from VW and it's a 10 minute fix.

Try rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled for more info.

- Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Isn´t he in the group you notice? Just my 2 cents.

Bart Bervoets "Pete Cressman" schreef in bericht news:ICHHb.147475$ snipped-for-privacy@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...

Reply to
Bart Bervoets