blinkers...sound no lights

maybe 2 yrs. ago ya'll helped me with my blinkers on a 71 ghia and it was the turn signal switch that needed replaced;thanks again. Now i'm back to not having consistent blinkers again. I checked the grounds and cleaned them first. The emergency flasher relay clicks for both the blinkers and when i pull the emergency flashers, but no lights. I checked fuses replaced them with new ones just in case but no luck.

The Emergency Flasher Switch has a 54 and 54f that are not in my manual so I don't know if a wire is missing or why they are there. Also the left and right blinker on the switch do not light up when the blinkers or hazard are turned on.

The Emergency Flasher Relay: KBL doesn't receive power when the relay is clicking. Shoudl 49a be getting power during this time because it doesn't seem to be? I've tried to be clear but I'm pretty frustrated so I hope I didn't leave something out. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
j1mmyz

49a should go "high" (12V) each click of the flasher. It feeds the Left or Right signals. KBL only provides a (flashing) signal if the flasher senses proper signal lamp current.

This one sounds to me like a bad flasher.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks, my brother had an extra 3-prong flasher so I went to your site wired it up and have solid blinkers and flashers. Thanks for the help, it was 49a that was bad and now i understand a little more about how this wonderful car works.

james

Reply to
j1mmyz