blowby, oil pressure, leaking, oil pumps...

I have oil spraying on the top of my motor. I think I might have the blowby problem.

I also have type 2 melling oil pump on my type1 motor. Is this a higher pressure pump than my stock T1 pump and would that contribute to my build up of pressure in the case?

Rob in Salt Lake

RobTaylor

No. If you have excessive case pressures, it is caused by either excessive blowby (rings, pistons, maybe valves) or insufficient case venting.

Higher than normal oil pressures, won't cause much more than wasted HP and maybe a blown cooler, cooler seals or filter, if so equipped. If it's the seals at the cooler excessive oil pressure MIGHT be the problem.

Jim SR Racing

Reply to
sracingspam

Ya, my alt fan is dry, I don't have any oil cooler seals blowing. When I drove to work this morning I took off my oil cap and didn't have a filthy motor when I arrived.

This sux, I only have about 30K miles on this rebuild, I shouldn't have blowby issues yet. It only becomes a problem when I do over 70 on the freeway.

Rob

Reply to
RobTaylor