Bob Hoover's Cancer Sale

Dear Friends,

As some of you know I have been stricken with cancer ( Multiple Myeloma). I got the good news a year ago and haven't been able to do very much since then.

Not having moved my bugs & buses since then, have been served a Notice to Clean Premises. What they are talking about is: Two 'loafs, a '68 bug, a '67 Baja, Grendle (sans engine & running gear, although it is there), a sun-roof Pinto (!) and my GMC 3/4 ton. Plus, a cherry nose- clip for a splitty bus (it was going onto Grendle).

Come & get 'em. (Yes, I'd like to sell them but right now I'm more interested in getting the bureaucrats off my neck. It's kinda hard to deal with them & cancer at the same time.)

You can reach me at (760) 727-5414. I wont answer but you can leave a message and I'll call you back.

You can also email me: snipped-for-privacy@chuggers.net

I don't want a circus so don't come by unless asked.

None of these vehicles are in running condition; a couple don't even have the running gear. Some are worth... whatever, others are strictly for parts. I'll let you decide... maybe put up some pictures on my blog or whatever.

Please spread the word by cross-posting this to other VW-specific groups. And be careful out there not to catch a dose of cancer. Lot of it going around nowadays :-)

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
Bob Hoover

Sorry about your news. I wish I could afford to buy some stuff.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Sad day for you Bob and they are kicking you when they think you are down!

So I guess getting a lot of covers and covering up those vehicles would not appease them anymore. :-(

Were you told that it is probably a treatable disease?

I don't know about the validity of the following but.............. Have you thought about any "natural" types of cures? Cinnamon and Honey is one combo that might cure a lot of diseases and make people healthier. snip CANCER: Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder for one month three times a day.

I will probably start eating this by making a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, applying on bread, instead of jelly and jam, and eating it regularly for breakfast for my heart and blood. YUM YUM

Could it hurt? I could send you that entire email I received from someone else if you like.

later, dave

dave AKA vwdoc1

It would be an honor to own one of your vehicles, but I do not live anywhere close to your location.

By-the-way, I had cancer but I recovered from it.

It has been over 21 years now and it has not come back.

I wish you well and hope you recover also.

Reply to
Jim Ed

I know you didn't post that to receive a bunch of 'get well soon, Bob!' post but you're gonna get one from me anyway:

GET WELL SOON, BOB!!!

Reply to
Remco Weidema