Bolt size

What's the size and thread pitch of your average everyday wheel bolt for a wide five wheel? I'm pretty sure it's 12mm but I don't have a thread pitch gauge. I appear to have inherited the axle nut from Hell. After destroying a fairly expensive 18" breaker bar I decided that I would purchase the "correct" tool from aircooled.net and be done with it. The darned thing didn't come with the bolts necessary to mount it and since stock wheel bolts are too short I'm gonna have to buy a couple. I'd like to know what to ask for at the parts store rather than taking a lug bolt along and trying to match it up.

I woulda gone cheap and bought one of those things you hammer on but I could just see myself wailing away and smashing the heck outta my fender with a couple of glancing blows.

>Mike
Reply to
Mike64Bug

Bus or bug/Ghia? Bus wide five bolts are larger in diameter.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

This would be for a bug. Didn't stop to think that a bus would be larger.

Reply to
Mike64Bug