Brake fluids

Got to replace a few brake hoses and noticed there are a few variants of brake fluid. Any more suited to old Vw,s than others? Cheers John

Reply to
John

I know from personal experience that the semi-synthetic brake fluid is not good for your old VW. It swells up rubber hoses and seals.

You would be best of at getting a store brand conventional DOT 3 brake fluid from a local parts store like O Reilys, Auto Zone, or Advance Auto. Take your time. Be safe!

Reply to
Jim Ed

You might as well also replace the stop light switches. I replace the stop light switches on my =9173 Beetle about every 3 years. It seems that they go out not much longer after that.

Here=92s the brake bleeder I use:

Jim Ed

If the stop light switches are original, you might want to risk using them.