Brake Lights Won't Turn Off

My brake lights werent' working on my '67 sunroof, so I went in to replace the light switches. That is when problem 1 became apparent. Whoever owned the car before me had put a single circuit cylinder in and plugged up the 2nd side of the fluid reservoir. I have put in a 2 circuit master cylinder, new light switches and bled the brakes. Now the brake lights are on whenever the car is on. Anyone know how to fix this?

Jacksonville, FL

Reply to
Erin

What type of switches did you use? 2-prong? 3-prong?

Is there play at the pushrod? If not, residual pressure will build up. You can rule that out by opening a bleeder at frt and rear wheel cyls.

Bad switch? Does happen.

This page of my web site for wiring schemes used:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim