Brasilian Carburator 34 pict-3 equivalent

What do you think of those? I got an original 34 pict-3 on my '70 1300 bug, but its completely busted... Guys on the store say the brasilian model works well, and its way cheaper (140 euros ~ 140 dollars). They sell the german original too, and I trust theirjudgement, but what say you?

Thanks!

MM

Reply to
Macsoft

My experience has been that Bocar 34 series carbs are more sensitive to temperature differences than the Solex model. Possibly do to the alloy used in the carb body. Granted, a carburator for the Latin and South American market generally does not have to worry about the temperature differences of the more northern latitudes.

If you go with a Bocar save yourself some early maintenance and dismantle and clean it out before use.

Reply to
luftgekuhlten