broke a 40hp piston ring... what to do?

so, while attempting to reassemble my stock 40 horse engine, I broke the outermost piston ring while trying to insert it into the cylinder. The parts suppliers only seem to carry kits that have the whole set of 3 rings for all 4 pistons.... however, I just need one. Can anybody offer me any options. It would be HIGHLY HIGHLY appreciated.

Thanks, Keith

Reply to
Keith

well Keith its really too late....you had two options....don't break any or buy a whole set if you did...unless you find an individual that has in the past done the same as you have, you will be forced to buy a set....make sure you get the right size...

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Is it 2mm thick, and 77mm diameter?

My local supplier has broken sets off before to help people out.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Here's some 85.5mm on Ebay starting at $5:

Deb 71SB

Reply to
Debra Chervenka

Call us. We have lots of them.

Jim SR

859-252-2496
Reply to
Jim

I probably have one here. 77mm dia, but what thickness?

-

Jim Adney

I'm not sure, they're new pistons bought from RMMW for my 40hp engine. Please let me know if you can help.

Reply to
Keith

I should have some too along with pistons! Not sure of this though, I need to check stock. BTW how much does the set of piston rings cost? Should be an exact size on the pistons, and also a brand name on the box.

dave