Broken hood cable and the hood is locked!

Hello, I am in a pinch. I have followed the directions in the Bentley, cut the latch on my 72 Super in 3 places, got the bottom ppiece off , but the upper one will not turn without turning the bolt, too, and there is no room to get anything between the latch and the hood. maybe a sheet of paper at most.

Who's been in my shoes?

Reply to
Vanagon Man

not me, but reading you other posts I sure hope this is not happening during the cigar test!!!!!

Good luck! Mark Detro Englewood, FL

66' panel 71' westy 73' baja
Reply to
Mark Detro

I haven't been in your shoes, but I did borrow your socks last week, when you weren't looking...

Reply to
dave

It seems like if you got the bottom piece off, you could fit a screw driver in the hole and push something to open the latch. Sorry. I have not had any problems in that area since I replaced that cable about 10 years ago.

Vanag> Hello,

Reply to
Loosenutbehindthewheel