BugSwarm Tomorrow

This is a VW Event weekend here in the D/FW area. Below is a paste from the North Texas VW Club web site. This is a shortened description, so if you want more information, please look here:

(Since the weather is a bit drippy today I'm not working, so later today I'll be cleaning up the '59 and adding a few interesting touches. I'll even, if I have the time, do a carburetor re-build for the '70 Beetle that is out back. Have an idea of dragging it out there just to see what the level of interest might be in that car. Hope to see lots of folks out there. Scott will be loading up his van with lots of parts to put out in the swap meet area as well...remember, he has been cutting up a few cars over the past year and has a few parts folks might be interested in!:~)

September 12th Bug Swarm Pre Show Cruise. We will meet at Black Gold Import Car parts Friday around 5pm..

2247 E. Division St. Arlington and then at 6pm cruise over to Kellers Drive Inn 6537 E NW Hwy. Info? Call Black Gold Metro 817-640-4653.
September 13th Bug Swarm IX Saturday Gates Open at 8AM. Judging starts at 10:am. We will park in the 'Hollywood Theater' parking lot next door. Lots of Fun Awards plus usual -Best Of's Class, Biggest Dent, Most Primer, Most decals, lot's of prize drawings, etc. Contests & games. The Theater will give the kids somewhere to go. There are a couple restaurants near by. La Quinta (Next to Dennys) very close. Entry fee $5, Swap $10, Vendor Spots $50, T-shirts $8 with pre-entry, $10 at show. "102.1 'The EDGE' will be broadcasting the music, 'Chipotle' will be offering food, 'SOBE' will be giving away drinks.

Bring your own shade and something to anchor it down.?There are only a few small trees in the lot and not much grassy area.

We are in the planning stages for a Cruise Friday night before the show, then something afterward to keep people busy in town. Make it more like the VW Classic in California. Keep an eye on this page. September 13th Bug Swarm Post Show Cruise. After the show we will line up and cruise over to Arlington to Black Gold Import Car parts where we will meet the 'Airheads' VW Club and cruise from there cruise to a restaurant.

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis