Bus Jump

this is the coolest

Kafertoys

Wow -- that gives a whole new meaning to "Air Bus" :) Thanks, that was cool (but am sure glad they didn't use any of my vehicles).

Reply to
Remco

Amazing!!! I think I found the right way to participate on the Lisbon Dakar

Joao

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Just plain damn amazing.

I used to do jump like that in a modified* '65 beetle. I think if I'd know what it looked like from the outisde, I wouldn't have done it.

Well... maybe once or twice. :)

"Ouch" and other such feelings.

- Bill ______________

  • Had oversize rear tires, air shocks, and stock 65HP engine from a much later model beetle which had been in a front end collision. Everything was coverted to 12V to save messing with the engine too.
Reply to
William J. Leary Jr.

Check out the other videos on that page . Especially strange is the one about an Australian dude in a VW bus that drives around all day deliberately running over Cane Toads to get rid of them. What a hoot!

Be Cool.....AIRCOOLED !!

"Wild" Bill Tucker President Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, Florida '78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" ) '76 Bug "The Grape" '69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

Rare Air VW Club Website:

Wild Bill Tucker

I jumped my fathers Peugeot 504 and 505 station wagons like that, once in Italy, and once here in Norway.

If he knew.. Well, that is only one thing, being older a sligthly wiser one does understand the fact that those cars was not designed to take the punishment of being jumped with...

Not jumped for a long time..

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

I did it a couple of times in a '75 Rabbit too. That car liked the landing even less than the beetle did. And around that time they smoothed out the bump in the road we (a lot of us) used to do the jump, so we had to give it up anyway.

- Bill

Reply to
William J. Leary Jr.

I've jumped my Subaru Turbo wagon last year, and a huge VW LT28 van :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Jan - aren't you selling that thing now? :)

Reply to
Remco

It's SOLD!!

:D

I didn't use the jumping episode in my sales pitch.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

That could have been used in your sales pitch: "Faster than a speeding bullet - able to leap pretty large road humps with a single bound" :)

Reply to
Remco