BUS maintenance alert

Hello,

Jerry, the 78 westy was stinking up the garage with gas fumes. I had thought it was just a VW smell! IN fact I observed a drip of liquid recently and was horrified to see that it was gas! it looked like it was dripping out of the exhaust system, but it turns out it was the rubber line from the fuel pump to the metal tube that goes through the motor wall.

I have removed and replaced a section of hose, and the bad one was split length wise for a few inches. the split of course was on the not visible side.....

Check those rubber lines very carefully!

Marco

Reply to
Marc H.Popek

...I'd remove and replace EVERY section of rubber line if I were you. Anyways, glad to hear you found it before it found you.

....Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Glad you found it in time. It's a well-known issue but bears repeating.

Do a GOOGLEGROUPS Advanced search:

for: fuel + fire

on this news group.

You must have a carby Westy; the problem is even worse on FI Models.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Reply to
ilambert

no its a FI system.....real nice afi control system

on the bright side... my Driving gas mileage is bound to increase :-0

Marco

Reply to
Marc H.Popek

thanks!

Ill be checkout and replacing what must be the original fuel line rubber for the entire system............................

fweeeeeeem

Reply to
Marc H.Popek