Buying Tires On eBay?

Have any of you ever bought tires on eBay?

I can get a set of Pirelli tires for $348.00 free shipping?

Reply to
Jim Ed

I meant to say, $348.00 with free shipping.

Reply to
Jim Ed

If it's these here tires:

wouldn't hesitate to buy them since if you are leery about PayPal you can choose one of four types of credit cards. By the way, that is probably the best price you will find on the internet since it also includes shipping. Shipping alone can add $20 per tire at other sites.

I think since Discount Tire Direct is not some small time individual seller, it's more a case of what their reputation is rather than is it safe to buy on eBay. At the following consumer reviews of online stores, all 11 reviews were positive.

One reviewer wrote, "Discount Tire Direct (internet) is part of American Tire (physical stores)."

Reply to
Randall

I have not.

However, having read the other replies allow me to vent briefly.

I got pissed off at Discount Tire for damaging a nice alloy wheel I had on a previous vehicle. They would not replace it, so I quit going there.

I then tried Big-O tires. They were even worse; left the center cap loose on an alloy wheel, pilfered a chrome valve stem cap, wrong inflation pressure, the price changed when I went to pay, and they did not mount the tires correctly with the sidewall markings indicating where the valve stem should go(those yellow triangles/red dots on your sidewall are there for a reason). I will not go back.

The last time I got tires...I went to (sitting down?)......Wal-Mart. I was happy, they treated me professionally, the price was right, and the work was done well. I would go there again, and I will go there again next time I need tires.

Good luck with it.

Chris

Reply to
halatos