Can a type 2 body be removed from the frame for body work?

I see a lot of discussion about bugs having the body removed from the frame. I would like to clean up the frame of rust, replace some sections of my floor pan and get the engine/tranny out of my way for some serious body work. Is it practical to remove the type 2 body from the frame? Or is the body an integral part of the frame like on some uni-body cars.

Thanks Chuck

Reply to
chuck_townsley

Integral. In some cases where the car doesn't have special value (splittie or camper), you could be way ahead of the game buying a rust-free Bus from out of state. Tons of work to "de-rust" a Bus.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

NO can't be done cept with torch, dianmite or air chisle.

Reply to
Wolfgang