Can't hurt to ask ...

It can't hurt to ask ...

I have a 1999 Beetle I want to trade for a bus .. The beetle has a lot of extras including $5,000 worth of wheels [dubs, floaters]

Reply to
'whatever'

Hate to say it, but its highly doubtful that anybody would want to trade a bus (dependent on year/era, of course) for a New Beetle. Have you tried posting a wanted ad on The Samba, or similar classified ads site?

Reply to
bugnut68

nO I haven't but I will. I made a mistake .. Sold my 67 bus and bought this .. [maybe there are other crazy people like me around] That was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made... I hope to find a bus that has a/c .. Is that possible ??

Reply to
'whatever'

You'd probably need to retrofit an aftermarket A/C into whatever aircooled VW you buy, I don't think any of them came with A/C ever. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I have never seen one in a bus, not even aftermarket. It shouldn't be too hard to install, if a kit exists. I think one does for the bug, and therefore the earlier buses can have it too.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Jan, Met one of your shops competition [?] yesterday .. he came into the coin shop. He does Porsche also on Silverstar. [before the tracks] He gave me the number of a VW mechanic [watercooled] in the area .. I don't need a mechanic actually .. I need to sell my car !! diane

Reply to
'whatever'

Reply to
The Busman

That would be the guys at Redbone! One of them drops by our shop every now and again, I forgot his name... he drives a 944, black I think.

Hey you could go see your old friends at Raycar to see if they'd trade your NB... sure they'd have a VW bus for sale ;)

I'm also A/C certified and I have installed plenty of them, if you want we can talk more about it. The biggest problems would be to find a dual belt pulley for the engine, and a bracket for the compressor. If you don't want to pay for a commercially available kit, you could maybe find the bracket and pulley used from somewhere like TheSamba... or maybe have them fabricated. The rest is just finding a location for the other components: Lots of hoses, receiver/dryer (like a small soda bottle), Condenser (like a radiator in a watercooled car), evaporator (like a heater core in a watercooled car, but used for cooling) and that's about it. Fabricate your own outlets or tap into the original heater channels to keep everything hidden.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

When I was in the Army at Fort Hood,Texas in 1965, I bought a 1961 VW bus at Steakley Chevrolet used cars lot in Killeen,Texas.

Back in the late 1970s, I owned a red with white top 1970 VW bus.I traded it for a 1966 Ford Ranchero, six cylinder, manual shift transmission.It didn't have air conditioning. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I didn't have a/c in my bus for a few decades ... I didn't have heat either. Now that I am also an antique .. I want a/c in August [Florida] Know what I mean ?? Heat would be another plus when it is in the 30's here ...

Diane

Reply to
'whatever'

I will take the heat, especially in the wintertime.Mostly, nowadays, I only go to the food store (three miles round trip) and to a veterinary supply store (about ten miles round trip) for Pro Pac dog food for my little couch buddy doggy.I can easily do without the air conditioning in my 1983 full size Dodge van. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Diane

1) Not sure if I can help, but I always thought all VWs... busses and Beetles ... came standard from the factory with air conditioning.

2) I have 7 Beetles. All came originally with A/C.

3) Each time I open the window, it is about 20 degrees below zero in my Beetles... I get snow on my dash and seats.... I get frostbite on my nose. And I paid no extra when they came from the factory.

4) If you would like to move to Canada, I could help you with your A/ C.

Ross Virgin Toronto, Canada minus 14 degrees at present .. .. ..

Reply to
rvirgin22