Cant find camshaft sensor anywhere- help?

I need to replace the camshaft position sensor on my 2000 VW Jetta. Anyone know where it is? Thanks a ton for any help you can give and I'll do my best to return the favor.

Scot

Reply to
Scanicky

In the distributor, usually.

check with the people in the rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled forum - this is the watercooled forum.

Reply to
Remco

This is the aircooled forum, I mean to say. I had a DUUUHH moment just now.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Thanks for the feedback Remco- I'll check it out.

Reply to
Scanicky

Yes.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

LOL!

Reply to
Remco

OK- That's hilarious. Thanks for the laugh- I needed it. Scot

Reply to
Scanicky

:) The water-cooled group can probably help. We don't have such things in our old iron.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

It's in the trunk, on the left side, hidden under the upholstery.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Yes, it's the new plastic that has all those cool complicated problem-infested gadgets ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

LOL! Boy, he must be really glad that I answered him first. Just now had visions of someone ripping half the trunk apart to get to the camshaft sensor... :)

Reply to
Remco