Carb found, what is this carb for?

It's a pair of a sstock dual carb setup from a Type 3 or type 4 engine?

The type 4 carbs must be used as a pair, they don't work alone. Only one of them has an idle circuit, a tube connects the two intake manifolds and provides idle mixture.

(If that's what it was, I have forgotten the model number.. I have a pair at home)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

what is carb for:

that carb is just a half of the complet - it is a left one

there should be ones more, Solex 32-34 PDSIT 3 - whitch will be mounted on the right side of the engine.

mounted on the 1600ccm engine gives just 4HP more

-- Tomasz Antkowiak antek VW 1500'66 Brown Sugar pl.misc.samochody.garbusy GG 7772401

Reply to
Tomasz Antkowiak

Bought a mistreated split bus from a guy in the rural area here.(cheap) Inside i found a carb model 32-34 PDSIT-2 SOLEX.

Will not fit on a beetle engine (hits the alternator) What is this carb for?

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets