changing to front discs on 1967 1300A

I have a 1967 1300A beetle which has the vented 5 bolt wide pattern stock steel rims. I want to convert the car to front discs and still use the same wheels. Apparently i can't use a standard 4 bolt conversion kit with adaptors because it will rub the callipers and will push the wheel too wide. Likewise i apparently cannot use the csp

5 205 kit designed for wide pattern 5 bolt wheels because the 66-67 only stock wheels that i have would also press on the calliper. Can anyone shed any light on the matter, or has anyone tried to do the same conversion. Cheers Richard
Reply to
Rich Meeson