Chassis/Engine/Transaxle Year

Hello,

I am currently working on a Dune Buggy and I need to figure out what year each component is so that I can order some parts. I did a couple hours of searching, but couldn't find anything conclusive. I don't think all the parts are from the same year.

Here is the id numbers:

Chassis: 5163583 Engine: AE207157 Transaxle: 4102439

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Brad

Reply to
bradrel

Looks like '62 mated to a '71 engine. Find chassis # here:

The tranny should have a 2-letter Code stamped in it.

Click on "tech" Look for 21: Transaxle Codes v. Ratio Guide

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks for the quick response.

Transaxle - I can't, for the life of me, find any 2-letter code on it. We even dropped it in the parts cleaner and searched everywhere.

It has the number 22 above the VW logo. Then it has the part number 113 301 103 below the VW logo. Below that, on the flat part, is the 4102439

Is there another location where the 2-letter code would be?

Also - the gear ratio is 4.375

Thanks aga> bradrel wrote:

Reply to
bradrel

and:

for parts info.

'61 thru '65 swing axle were alike. Though not marked, I have to think yours is an "AA".

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thank You.