Chick with Vw Problems! HELP!

Omg! Let me start out by sayin im new to this site and have many VW issues! Im 20yrs old, from New Jersey, and I bought my 98 VW jetta wolfsburg edtion from a used car dealership and of coarse I didnt buy n e extended warrenty.Sometimes im not sure what im talking about with these cars....but i will try to explain the best i can..... N e ways, Ive owned the car now for about 8 months and i have the following issues.....

  1. Clear coat is bubbling up on the hood of my car.p.s my cars black....
  2. My drivers side window motor is going bad.It works whenever it wants too...Usually wont roll back up, therefor i have to have my friend "jump" it.
  3. I've already replaced the regulator in my back window.
4.My speedometer hits 70mph and then bounces all over the place. 5.My heat shield is rattling mega bad. 6.I like a dumb a$$ decided to lower my car....BIG PROBLEM. the things I bought off of ebay ( struts, springs and coilovers) dont fit each other. SO my friend put the stock springs back on the front, and left the back lowered...BIG ISSUE! Now everything is basically rattling! (hes got it right now, putting the stock springs back on the back as well,Hoping that this solves my rattling problem) 7.Where my gears read in the dashboard....The light i think blew out.
  1. My factory alarm is all messed up. I can't start the car with the drivers door open. It must b closed in order for me to start my car.
  2. I've seen this happen twice so far, but sometimes when i start my car, the brake light with come on, very Dim...and my headlights won't go on...so I usually shut the car off and start again....

PLease someone help me! LoL....I'm not to sure if my friends know exactally wut they are talking about...they are such VW haters! ~Jessica

Reply to
vwchick1184

Late 90's jetta's seem to have a history of electrical problems...

You're probably find more information in rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled becuase you have one of those radiatory thingy's. those of us with aircooled beetles and microbuses lack such a thing, and are aircooled. When you get your car back from your buddy, go get an alignment.

A muffler shop can probably weld your heat shild back for 5 to 10 bucks and takes them 5 minutes.

Laugh at your vw hatin friends becuase they drive a honda.. except for the guy with cavalier with a spoiler.... because that's pretty well a joke anyway, and the kid with the saturn... he doesn't have a clue.

Good luck,

Lane

vwchick1184 wrote:

Reply to
Lane Jennison

Yea, too bad my friend just called me a little while ago, and because the jerk didnt drive the car to understand the rattling noise i heard comming from my back wheel well...He keeps tellin me that its my heat shield under my car thats rattling, and i know it rattles but it just aint the same rattle i heard the other day. I dont think my friend knows too much of what hes doin. Hopefully i get the car back tomorrow and I plan on takin it to this VW guy near my house.... These problems didnt start happening till i decided to lower my car...Now i have popping noises comming from my front struts (i think) and the rattling noise i hear comming from my back wheel well has got to be something with the lowering springs (that he claims he took off) Well thankz for the suggestion...And yes my friends are HONDA FREAKS! I still Luv my VW.....4 now ~Jessica

Reply to
vwchick1184

...you need new friends. Everyone knows Honda freaks have no cluer, nor any mechanical abilities. Seriously though, try finding somone who knows what the hell they are doing, and I imagine even the lowering kit may be usable...

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

..................Hey Gary..........Just try to find a shop that specializes in watercooled VWs here in the Binghamton area that does good work. There is ONE but that's all. There are actually more good shops that know Hondas. As for the dealerships, the service dept. at Miller Honda is way way better than the one at Feduke VW.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Somehow I think everyone missed the whole scene here.

Aircooled VW's don't have the problems that the WC ones have...............Clear cooat peeling and bubbling?.........Yeah, whatever...................LOL

For real though, You may actually have better help from a few guys in the next newsgroup over,..................the are Jetta freaks , some of them, and some actually are Aircooled haters. But that shouldn't keep e'm from helping you out with watercooled help.

Rec. Autos.Makers.Volkswagen.Watercooled

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Like i stated the firtst time, im just a girl thats in love with her VW and needs some help. I dont know the difference between "water cooled" and "air colled"....same difference to me.... But thanks for the help... Im always open for suggestions at this point! ~VwChick1184

Reply to
vwchick1184