Chinese 009 Q.

I know, I should have known that you get what you pay for. but, It is causing hard starting. like it doesn't retard the spark when hot. I took it apart and on the counter-weighted advance things it has a spring on each weight. while every old German 009 has only one spring. and the old ones the spring is not as heavy as the Chinese knock off. any hints. what'sup?

Reply to
Mocker

Hopefully the different spring set up means the Chinese calibrated the non Bosch spring to suit the non Bosch advance mechanism . It shouldnt affect the distributor returning to 7.5 BTDC (or whereever) though. Its not binding somewhere it it?. Really interested in how this turns out. I was thinking of getting one myself.

I know, I should have known that you get what you pay for. but, It is causing hard starting. like it doesn't retard the spark when hot. I took it apart and on the counter-weighted advance things it has a spring on each weight. while every old German 009 has only one spring. and the old ones the spring is not as heavy as the Chinese knock off. any hints. what'sup?

Reply to
S and J

On 09/04/2012 05:15 PM, Mocker wrote:> I know, I should have known that you get what you pay for.

For me, this works great. Infinitely tune-able.

All the low quality, cheap replacement parts are killing this hobby. Bone-up and put the good stuff in your car. Don't get the $49 battery.. get the $149 red-top. Get a real Bosch starter motor. etc..

Do it right, once.

Reply to
David Gravereaux