Clutch Trouble

Hi guys

I have a 69 bug with a stock 1300 tranny. Im running a 1679cc engine so im using the 1600 clutch (note sure exatly which type of 1600 though). Problem is that the clutch will not disengage even when i push the pedal. Clutch wire is new and bowden tube is ok. What could it be?

Thanx

BugThug

Reply to
BugThug

Wrong pressure plate. You *must* use the early-style plate which has the thrust ring (washer) in the center. Look at the 6V/12V article on my web site. Toward the end there are pics of the different types (has nothing to do with the voltage).

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim