Colortune Diagnostic Air: Fuel Mixture Tool - Good Investment?

Hi! I read in dune buggies and Hot VWs magazine August 2005 issue page 48 about the Colortune diagnostic tune up tool that helps you set the air:fuel mixture.

You remove a spark plug and screw in the Colortune spark plug with clear chamber.

Then you can visually check and see what the color of the air:fuel mixture is.

Then you adjust the air: fuel mixture until it is the right color.

It costs about $69.95 U.S. dollars.

I have gotten by for over 10 years without one for my '73 VW Bttl, but I am tempted to try it.

Has anyone tried this?

Do any of you think it is a good idea or a waste of money? Any helpful replies will be appreciated! Thanks!

Reply to
Loosenutbehindthewheel