Congratulations America!

Congratulations with you new president, great speech! Screw the female poet, what a waste. Aretha was great though.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

"Your" it should read...

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I wish Obama the best of luck, but I'm tired of the 'race' card being so heavily promoted. He's an American, just like all the rest of us. The sooner we stop emphasizing ethnicity/skin color/race/etc, the sooner racism will be eliminated as an issue in society, IMO.

Bush's inauguration was like $40 million and the liberal left bitched and moaned about it, but I don't see too many complaints regarding the $150 million price tag on Obama's inauguration...interesting.

Reply to
ryan68bug

Me too, time will tell, and it's been coming for a long time. Apparently money was no object. :( Because ya can throw most of the citizens in the US in a sack shake it up, pour us out on the ground and we is all the same now "broke." We have been politically "had" by the very people that has been put in office to lead the country for many years, only to take care of the rich and big business.

Time will tell, his next promise may be a VW in every garage or at lest a trike. :) Michael

WEB sight

Michael Rogers

This should be interesting. Wow, I hope this all works out ok but I don't have a good feeling about it. Let's see what happens now. Not a hell of a lot more that we can do than that.

Reply to
Shag

You are fighting two wars and are in the middle of a serious recession, no matter what the guy does he is going to get the blame.

If you are at all concerned about Americas standing in the world I can tell you he is very popular to say the least. Never has American politics been followed so closely by the rest of the world, we all see it as a positive change.

If he was white, all parties would be happy, right? :-]

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Cant say I saw the 'race' card being heavily promoted, in fact, the only mentions of this has always been by his opponents.

The price tag would also be related to the expected attendance, do you think Palin and 'whats his face' would have drawn the same crowd? Just asking..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

No thanks. Why would you offer congratulations to an electorate that was stupid enough to put the very party that was the major cause for our financial crisis into the highest office? There are a lot of ignorant voters here.

Reply to
Scott H

Come on, Jorn ... you're smarter than that. Race plays no part with the vast majority of people here these days. It's certainly a non-issue with me.

Reply to
Scott H

Reply to
Andy

then I'd love to have your news coverage instead of mine!... I don't care what color he is, and neither do most folks... to be honest, the Dems could have put up Minnie Mouse this time and would have won...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Well, he is referred to as U.S.A. first black president and that he has relations to Kenya. These two are facts and can hardly be viewed as 'race' card? Ayways, I am not here to criticize anyone. I was merely trying to convey the enthusiasm there is for Mr.Obama outside the American borders.

Not sure if the International News coverage has picked up in the U.S. since I last was there, nor if it has gained an wider audience. If it was so you would perhaps understand what I was trying to say.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

That should read U.S.A.'s ..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

a hell of a lot more that we can do than that.

I don't think so, not this time. Everyone is looking for a change, no matter how slight. I'm personally tired of war and more war. Senators that aren't fit for service anymore, who are over paid and smell like pork 24 hours a day. Although when BIG business started moving their companies over seas (cheaper labor) did shoot their self in the foot.. Now they have no one to buy their products because of so many people loosing their jobs. That's reverse engineering if I ever saw it. Every time I go to the auto parts store their is less and less American made parts to be had. Millions of people are riding around on parts that are made, assembled and shipped by someone who makes low wages and could care less if the parts are safe.

Like you say, time will tell Michael

Reply to
Michael Rogers

Even though he does not drive a VW to my knowledge, he is a learned man. Hey at least his neighbors probably drive VWs. ;-)

3 general ways to achieve wisdom:
  1. Meditation (noblest)
  2. Imitation (easiest)
  3. Experience (bitterest)

So if you don't know how to do something.............find someone that does!

He has brought with him, or found, people who do have experience.

Now let us all hope that he can start to clean up the messes made by others!

8^)
Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I guess you missed the part about going transcending partisan politics. Thats OK. It takes some people longer to figure out things out. Stupid electorate....what were they thinking? Ignorant voters. Cheers Scott.

Reply to
jtbartlett

Please put the blame solely on the people who caused it: Senator Dodd from Connecticut. Yes, he happens to be a Democrat, but focus on the people that allowed the deregulation which caused the instability. I am not a Connecticut resident, so I can't sway any results in that matter.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

----------------------------

Thank you, P.J.

I... and I'm sure MOST other Americans.... appreciate the fact that millions like yourself are willing to give us the benefit of the doubt when our Great Experiment goes awry and gives us leaders more interested in lining their own pockets at the expense of the Spirit upon which our nation is based.

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
Bob Hoover

PJ, I understand what you were trying to say... As I said, I wish I had your news coverage... If folks ever want to get past the race issue, focusing on it is not the way... President Obama is just as everyone before him, a politician that ran a great campaign... unfortunately race was, and is, a part of it, and very focused on...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

He has at least as much experience as Bush had when he took office.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks