cool new distributor: 123

Makes me want to give it a try...

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Cool yes, new no.

Still would be fun to play with one. Better do some searches on the net, seem to remember some negative feedback on the electronics..

J.

Reply to
Berg

Snake oil. Save your money.

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
BobHoover

You mean DIZZY, right?

(heeere comes Chris!)

Reply to
jj

Having read the brochure...how does the distributor know to start advancing the timing without a reference signal from the carburetor? I don't see any provision for a vacuum advance, which makes this distributor little more than a glorified -009 in my eyes.

Chris

Reply to
halatos

Joey Tribiani

These distributors are used many years now by the classic citroen crowd and they perform exceptionally. For the VW there are two versions, a simple with only rpm sensitive advance curves, and a second one with a vacum sensor for adapting the advance curves on the load of the engine.

Bill Spiliotopoulos, '67 Bug.

? "Jan" ?????? ??? ?????? news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos

You probably didn't read the brochure to the end, as you would have noticed that all distributors come with or without vacum advance sensors. This is a high quality distributor proven for more than 15 years, much better than the Mallory distributors with their poor designed vacum advance mechanism.

Bill Spiliotopoulos, '67 Bug.

? ?????? ??? ?????? news: snipped-for-privacy@g12g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos