Couple questions

Work continues on restoring the Bug. Couple questions: What year rear windows will fit my car? (73 Super Beetle) And I'm looking at replacing the fuel lines with all metal to minimize the risk of another fire. What do I need to get and how long a length will I need?

-Jeff

73 Super Beetle 04 GTI 1.8T Gone but not forgotten: 65 Beetle (owned for three days) 86 Jetta Diesel 88 GTI 16v
Reply to
Jeff Rew

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:35:43 GMT, Jeff Rew ran around screaming and yelling:

hey Jeff...keep working at it....anyway not sure abou tthe rear window...74 was bigger than 72 and i *THINK* 73 was the year the rear window got bigger....not 100% so maybe someone else that is will step up...where are you..? i have a Big rear window from my 74...the fuel lined NEEDS a flex line somewhere near the engine....if not when the engine rocks around it will keep bending the rigid line till it eventually breaks...could take years or it could take just afew miles...i don't know....so...i just posted an entire paragraph about stuff i don't know....hope it helps, but i don't know...LOL JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

"Joey Tribiani" wrote

Rear window got bigger in '72, so a '72-up window will work.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 02:12:41 GMT, "Scott H" ran around screaming and yelling:

damn...i got that wrong *again*........(repeating to self over and over "72, 72, 72, 72) JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

"Joey Tribiani" wrote

Yeah, how many times do I have to tell you that? Sheesh. ;-)

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 04:22:01 GMT, "Scott H" ran around screaming and yelling:

i'll be honest with you Scott....this time won't be the last time you have to tell me...LOL... JT(who is old for his age and has another B-day next saturday...)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

If you want to re-doo the fuel lines, I suggest you use steel-braided. You'll need to get a fitting to go over the fuel line from the chassis (either a flare or a "crush" type) to adapt it to threaded. then buy braided lines & the fitings that will screw into that adaptor, both sides of the fuel pump, & the carb. No more hose clamps or rubber lines at all... HTH, ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver