Curious - Key in ignition buzzer

Just starting to troubleshoot my inoperative "key in ignition" warning buzzer. Does anyone know why the wire for the circuit is that flat, looks like copper stripping instead of a regular wire thing, instead of a normal wire? Can I replace that thing with a "normal wire"? Also how does the key complete the ground? Can the ignition switch itself be the problem?

70 VW Beetle
Reply to
JeffRens