Damn, some of you guys are STILL here!?

Jan, Speedyjim, the shagster, John Connolly, John Willis, Bill B.....and others.

Just checking in at an idle moment. Is that new years eve/day chat going to happen again this year? Anyone know? I thought that was pretty cool...

I put my '57 away for the "winter" even though it was 60 degrees last weekend. The '50 gets a house/garage spot so it is accessible and will be driven until they coat the roads for the first time this winter.

Zarwerks is keeping me busy, funds my addiction for really early VW parts well (is $464 for a pair of taillights without bulbholders too much?) but I am still keeping my "day" job. I spend some time over at thesamba, mostly the split forums.

Tomorrows fun is to rig some new gas tank straps and try to reconnect a Y pipe to a cat on my $500 plow truck; an '87 Dodge Ram PowerWagon that is so freaking long I have to move stuff to get it in the shop, and even then, I have to crawl under the front end to get to the other side (19' long truck, plus plow in a 22 ft shop...!)

Speaking of my shop, it was featured in Hemmings Motor News earlier this year. Here is a scan:

And I have a motorhome that I took 9500 miles in 42 days this past summer with my wife, kids and the dog. 9500 mi., 7.3mpg at $3.13/gal avg, you do the math. I am hoping to get invited to ExxonMobil's Christmas party this month. Even if I don't, I'm still showing up...

Its for sale:

Will trade for split Beetle parts................ or new kitchen counters....

Ya'll be good and have a great Christmas Season.....

Reply to
John Henry

Hi John

Good to see you posting here ! I am new (been here for a good few years though ! ) so you wont know me. Ive read your website cover to cover - great site !

Most of those you just mentioned are still about - I'm sure they'll say hi in a bit :-)

Rich

tricky

messagenews:_65ch.82$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.lga...

Hey John Glad to see you around:o), shop looks good Wish I thought about you when there was a "43" KDF here for sale was rough but restorable ($$$$$) but had papers and alot of original parts. Would have made you drool...lol

Ghias seem to be keeping me more then busy in restorations and no slow down in people dragging any VW they find to me, Bet I have put a few dozen back on the road this year, most setting around 10 yrs.

Other Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Dennis

Hello John. I'm still here almost every day but not posting very much compared to back when you were around. I still drive a bug daily in the warm months including yesterday to work and back. The forecast looks pretty bad for this coming week though. The first road salt of the year can't be too long from arrival and then the bug will be garaged for the next 3-4 months. It really is painful to have to suffer behind the wheel of Lexus all winter.....LOL

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Good to see you around John... As for me, the last 16 months have been rough. Hurricane Katrina left both of my beetles under 4 feet of salt water. Had to total the '69. The '66 is going to be rebuilt. Kind of hard to do when everything on the first floor of the house that also had 4 feet of salt water. But we are recovering.

vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw dragenwagen

1966 Type I
"Old VW"s don't leak oil, they mark their territory."vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw
Reply to
dragenwagen

Hey John,

Dave Tosi checking in from NC. I still have the '71 Green Hornet and have started on the resto of the '58 ragtop. It is going back to factory stock,

Hope you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. I have forgotten what snow is like. Lived her over 5 years now and am still waiting for the first winter!! I really don't miss it!!

Fweem.

Dave

ps: I still have my "Original Recipe" t-shirt. Someone was asking about them here on RAMVA just a little while ago. It still get comments at the VW shows.

Reply to
Dave Tosi

Eric

Good to see you posting here John. Hope to see you back frequently.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

I'm still here too but I mostly lurk.

The perpetual project engine was finally finished this year and back in my Baja Bug. It only took 10 years but it's everything I expected it would be. Not bad for my first air cooled VW hop up. A camo paint job made a change in name for the car obvious. I call it the Steurmkafer but all my friends call it the Camobug.

I haven't heard from Jen in years but I heard from the guy that bought the bus she got from me. It now has a DHM cooled engine powering it.

Tony W.

Reply to
Anthony W