Daytona news

I don't think many of you care, but we had two sprint races yesterday at Daytona and we took 1st and 2nd place :) Going back for one more day today, for a 1.5hour endurance race. '72 911, 2.4 liters, stock class.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I care and you did good. I'm a fan of the 911.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

well.. today was the "big" race. Sessions were changed a bit and what we thought was 2nd warm-up, was in reality the qualification session. So we started way back from where we could have qualified. Had a tire blow out and used our mandatory 5 minute stop to change it. Started running out of gas on the last 3 laps... by the last lap the car really started dying and the driver just coasted it in to the garage area right after the chequered flag. And... We took 1st place anyways :D

I was comfortably busy the whole weekend, lots of cars broke down and I got them fixed and back on track. Some of them were our customers and friends, some just happened to be parked next to us in the garages.

Good weekend. Won 2 out of 3 races and took one second place. Been waiting for this.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Ya did real good.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Sounds like a great time Jan, Do you get to drive/play with the cars? what was the top speed of the 911 on the track, I had a 74 911 in Gremany and got it up to 245kph a few times

Reply to
Kafertoys

I new a guy who worked on vw's and got up to 245 lies per hour.

True story

Reply to
Trey

I don't really get to drive them except around the block at low speed.

I think our top speed was somewhere around 150mph. I know it has been before. Need to see if in-car video caught the speedometer :D

Jan

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

haha!

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

The 911 would have to be the archetype sports car. They are still a joy to see /hear racing even after ~40 years.

Reply to
John

You should hear ours with straight pipes :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson