Disc Brake Kit

Hey Veedub fans:

I'm looking for a front disc brake kit for a '74 SB. At the same time I would like to lower the front end. What's the best way to accomplish this task?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
RhinoJockey

Hey,

Go to google and search the archives here, loads of info there on this topic.

Also read what some vendors have to offer, such as aircooled.net

Good luck!

Dane Tyler '69 Bug '63 Bug

Rh> Hey Veedub fans:

Reply to
Dane Tyler

When you go to Aircooled.net, you will see three ways to lower your Super Beetle front end (in order of cost): the Super Beetle Lowering Struts, the Super Beetle Sport Springs, and the Maxx Strut Lowering Strut Kit. You can combine the first 2 methods to get a little more than a 3" drop on your '74 Super. Or in the Maxx strut case, you will get a 4" max drop and the ability to put wide tires.

In my opinion, I would first spend the money on the front disk brake conversion and a sway bar set upgrade. Why? you get the most "bang for the buck." With those two conversions, your braking and cornering ability will be soooo much improved.

Lowering, I would do last because there are some extra considerations you must plan for. Since you are changing the geometry of the suspension, you will be introducing stuff like "bump steer". To combat that, you will have to do an irreversable modification to your steering knuckles. Since steering knuckles are NLA for Super Beetles, I got a set from a junkyard Super and modified those. That way, I retain the ability to revert my suspension to completely stock form if need be.

So, research a little more before lowering the front end. But, the disk brake conversion and the sway bar upgrade are highly recommended to bring out your Super's handling potential.

Geoffe Elias '74 Super Beetle

see my v'dub

> Hey,

Reply to
geoffers

These people are the experts when it comes to disc and lowering your super. I have used them on past projects with great satisfaction

Mario Vintage Werks restorations when I say stop, I mean STOP

Reply to
Kafertoys