Do I have Carb. Problems????

Posted for a friend:

I just installed a new 34 PICT carb "Bocar" and it was running good initially. However, I later discovered a bad generator which I have since replaced. Of course, I had to take off the carb. to install gen. Now the carb is bogging down a little in second and when I drive it for a while, cut it off, it will not start again. The next day it starts and runs fine. WTF? Could be flooding itself on the kill..... I have done the normal carb adjustment process and works well in the garage. I have changed the fuel filter regular for it getting junk from the tank. The distributor is the only thing I havent replaced. I am going to go through the carb adjustment one more time and verify that the elec choke is working properly.......What should I do next?

Reply to
Eric Von Zipper

No guarantees....but I would take the float needle valve out and make sure it closes properly. Make sure it is screwed in tightly. While you have it all apart, inspect the bottom of the bowl for evidence of dirt/rust.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks Jim these seemed like good idea to me too.......

Out of desperation he ended up taking it to our local "Volks Whisperer". This guys been repairing bugs for 30 years or so. Anyway, his problem turned out to be two fold. Vaccum advance dead on dist (installed 009) and the ingnition switch was cuting off - he had one of those too. $180.00 bucks later he was fweeming along at highway speeds. Worth the money for him. This guy did all this plus adjusted the valves in about 40 minutes.

Reply to
69 ground up

Sounds like a nice payday for the Mech. and well deserved being that he was so quick about it. Glad to here someone got some good service for once.

Reply to
TerryB

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:24:52 -0500, Eric von Zipper (69 ground up) scribbled this interesting note:

Did you keep your original distributor or did you let him throw it away?

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis