Does this product do what it claims?

This product, PhotoBlocker, comes in an aerosol can. When sprayed on a license plate it reflects the photo flash back at a red light enforcement camera, thus effectively making your license plate invisible.

Does anyone know of an alternative that doesn't cost $68 for a 6 ounce can like this product does?

Randall

Reply to
Randall Post

It may be illegal where you live. Out here it is, the license plate must be unaltered, you are not allowed to touch it with chemicals, not even touch up paint if it looks a little ragged.

Yes. Stop running red lights.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Spray it on and the cameras can no longer take a readable picture ofyour license plate. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

Over here, this sort of treatment works well also BBBG

Juper Wort

Of course, how would you know that some neighborhood kids happened to spray every car for blocks around where they live with such paint?

That would be ideal of course.

You know this thread was just a loosely veiled spam, right?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Theres some examples of your sort of thing on the ' other destruction' page

Reply to
Juper Wort

................Some of them might even be smart enough to log on to USENET.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

LOL good job :)

By the way, I ran into this subject the other day, and due to training received in the military forces, my choice of tool would be explosives.

However, I would recommend against mil spec explosives for this purpose, as the investigations of the crime would be much more thorough. They can tell when mil spec high power explosives were used.

Good old dynamite for example is much more commonly available and thus harder to trace, and I bet "they" know it too. :) It's slower and has contaminants, but it will get the job done.

Now, I am obliged to say DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS, severe Darwinism/natural selection may occur if explosives are handled without proper training. Not to mention the legal ramifications should you get caught. Some cops aren't dumb at all. :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan

No kidding.

Don't bother asking me for any further advice. :)

(I can only hope that the readers realize that my suggestion was a joke?)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Of course. There's good money to be made selling those cameras on Ebay. All you need is a rechargeable sawzall and a darkish night. But of course I'm just joking also.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Randall Post wrote: >

Much more cheaper trick is to buy el-cheapo wire cutters from your HW store and cut all your spark plug cables with them. Hell, to make sure, cut all wires you can see from the engina bay. No more tickets for speeding or running red lights (or your wife is pretty strong pusher)..

Reply to
Olli Lammi

as the investigations of the crime would be much more thorough. They can tell when mil spec high power explosives were used.

******** Hi Jan, What are mil spec explosives? I want to make sure I avoid them next time I blow up something. LOL! ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Easy on the Giggle Cream!

Reply to
ThaDriver

If I told you, I'd have to blow you to bits!

If you can buy it from a hardware store, it won't be military grade. LOL

;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Reply to
WES PEARSON

If you can buy it from a hardware store, it won't be military grade. LOL ;) Jan

******* Funny ;^P I wasn't actually expecting a response... (I assume they're things like C4 & such) ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Easy on the Giggle Cream!

Reply to
ThaDriver

You will find more info with Google on this subject I bet.... It's not a secret by any means. Just doesn't belong here.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

One of the TV investigative reporting shows (don't remember which one or when, a couple years ago...) did a test on stuff that was supposed to block or distort one's license plate against photo radar and red light cameras. The equipment used to analyze and print the photos uses fairly high-tech photo processing software that can adjust a pictures contrast, brightness, etc., and pull the license number out of a picture that outwardly appears way too dark or blinded by a flash. So, NO, the stuff probably doesn't work.

Reply to
Mike64Bug

Nobody plans to run the red. When you're late for work during rush hour, good intentions fly out the window. Anything that can give you an edge is worth investigating, but I don't want to get gypped.

Randall

WES PEARS> Why don't you give it a try and let us know. It would only cost $68 plus

snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net

Randall Post

as much as i love my job, i would not risk my life(since i love living more than crashing a vehicle) to get to work on time...

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

As much as I love my job.......

....Bah, who am I kidding. ;)