Dual carb Q's

So I have some bread burning a hole in my pocket and am looking at dual carb setups. always have run basically stock for 25 years so I don't know if it is worth it the additional headaches with synchronizing and everything else that comes with duals. Where to get a good set? I've seen "empi version of webers" on ebay for $299 and other versions elsewhere, plus used Kadrons in various ads here and there. Anyone got any advice on any of this? Is it even worth the trouble will it boost my 1600 all that much anyway? thanks for any responses...

Reply to
Cletus

It makes a big difference. Kadrons are just fine. Tuning them is not big deal.

Reply to
John Stafford

I,ve had dual carbied type 3,s for 30 odd years. Never been a great issue balancing the things. Even after I,ve taken the things off to get at plugs I,ve jsut stuck them back and no issues. John

Reply to
John

Second vote for the kads. You can get support for them at

like jetting advice and parts.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I have a set from AJ in my basement.. they worked fairly well on as small mild engine...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I would go with larger displacement and stock carb rather than stock displacement/twin carbs any day. How much is a set of 87mm slip-in's these days?

I have seen a German 2L engine built around a stock carb setup, would be fun to try, grunt with simplicity. More costly though..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I learned to tune dual carbs using just a flexible tube put by the throat, the other end in my ear. Tune until they are even. Seemed to work just fine.

Reply to
John Stafford