Dual port resources

I just bought a 1969 std. Beetle. The engine is not original, as it's a 1600 cc dual port. I don't even know what "dual port" is exactly. I'm assuming the term is related to the intake manifold or injectors, so I'd appreciate it if anybody could point me toward a good online resource outlining this engine. Thanks.

Reply to
joel.mcclure

Must have:

Speedy Jim

"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!" Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

bug '59

Welcome to the newsgroup. There are lots of experienced aircooled VW (ACVW) folks here who can help with almost any problem you are having, but since the ACVW engine has been around a while (over half a century) you can imagine that most problems (and questions) have happened to someone previously and may actually be documented somewhere in here. Use the search to lookup any questions or problems before posting a new "old question". Not trying to be critical here, just letting you know that there's lots of info already here for the browsing.

BTW - "dual port" describes the cylinder head with individual intake runners, one per cylinder or two ports per head. Earlier heads shared a single intake port (single port heads). This site shows the changes to the Beetle over the years:

Both Speedy Jim's and bug '59's suggestions are very good. You may also want to seach these forums/sites as they also contain a wealth of knowledge on the ACVW (not in any specific order):

AshMan40

Reply to
AshMan