East coast restorations

if we overlook the fact that it should have been "stripped" to start with(all real restorations begin with this step), stripping that car was the best thing for it.... that wasn't anything more than a quick and dirty respray(think Sheib), yet quite a bit more expensive... hell the time spent to try to hide the bad spots was probably more time than it would have taken to actually fix them properly...that is assuming the knowledge and experience is actually present in the "restorer" of that car... @@

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

well when the customer starts out saying they want a cheap job then changes their mind half a dozen times its very hard to go back and fix things that are already been done. If you don't understand what I'm saying understand this "everyone wants a trailer queen for nothing.

Even your talking out your a$$ Chris if you think you can do this ,,,its one thing to restore your own car and not worry about it taking years to do ...it another when you try to get 5 10 a year and everyone thinks it should be a trailer queen when its done.

whine and bitch all you want but untill your ready to step up to the plate and do what I do STFU.

And understand this I do great work and help alot of people with their VWs and willk continue to do so when the rest of you just sit around and bitch about me...I get the last laugh trust me.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

whine and bitch all you want but untill your ready to step up to the plate and do what I do STFU.

And understand this I do great work and help alot of people with their VWs and willk continue to do so when the rest of you just sit around and bitch about me...I get the last laugh trust me.

f*ck you, you hack.... I've been doing bodywork most of my life....it isn't that hard to do it properly, and it is cheaper to do it properly than it is to do it your way... even at your ORIGINAL estimate you ripped her off.. that is overlooking the fact that you milked her for nearly double the original estimate... as far as me restoring for a living, no thanks, i don't want the paycut....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:20:02 -0500, "Scott H" scribbled this interesting note:

I've been avoiding commenting on all this, but after finally looking at the video, I have to say the subject matter is quite impressive. All that really need be said is: Not bad for a twenty footer (but the price tag does tend to make one choke a bit).

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

On Dec 21, 10:44=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:

The fenders were removed when i got the car, i took it to the show at Farmington just as i received it and the the next week i peeled it down to find it was even grosser than i first thought If I'm not mistaken the guy that was going to redo the paint, removed the fenders and the glass or part of it. I also think the wind shield was ready to pop out because of the way he had cobbled up the bottom area with nasty ass welding and filler in the rusty places he "replaced with metal", Allmetal perhaps, but still filler. With the fenders in place it hid allot of the nasty filler work in those area's. He has changed the story so many times its not even funny any more, its just him trying to squirm around and salvage his ass. First it was a show car job and nothing was wrong with it. I proved that to be bullchit. Then it was a daily driver only and she begged him to save it. That's bullchit as well, anyone with standards or morales would have refused the job. But he did what he said he would do which was also bullchit, IE all rust was cut out and treated then replaced with metal no filler, Ok thats bullchit again and i have the friggin proof. That and undercoating had been invoiced out and paid for, neither was done. Ok next ploy was the i didn't do it, i subbed it out to Brad. NEWS flash stupid you were paid for the job so your responsible for the shitty workmanship, refund most of that bullchit 9 k you charged for a "restoration" that Maco could have done for $200.00. Next Ploy was to lay the blame off on me that i can't fix it, Bitch please.. don't even go there. I do more quality work by accident than you do intentally. I and more stated that no one should have spent that much on a 74 super, He says all vw's should be saved no matter the year. Ok Mario why are you scrapping out the 67 you're trying to sell parts off of in this thread??? I think 9 k on a 67 would be more widely accepted than on a 74 super??? Another thing, When i met you probably 10 years ago you were working out of a 8 x 10 building in your driveway, no shop, no paintbooth, damn not much has changed has it? Oh yea and Gary will i'm sure back me up on the memory. As for the Attorney General thing you emailed me about, I'll go to court with her and even trailer the damn car there for them to see in real life and see what they think of it it person. I have the skills, the reputation, and the creditability to sink your ass.

Its not the Quantity of work you put out, its the Quality of the work you put out in a year, and the manner in which you conduct business. You suck ass on both counts. So now you STFU till you can fill my shoes and step up to bar and make it right with Joan the gross blatant screwing over you did. NUFF SAID!!!!!

Reply to
metwiz2shop

Mario the rip-off artist wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@v32g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

This is joans car stripped to original paint/primer.

And all I've been hearing from you chris is how you have donwe body work....well lets see anything you have done As I see it your so good but all you have is a rusty ghia and a primered 68

its easy to talk its another thing to do it.

I've yet to see anyone thats being a whinney bitch show me they can do better.

And again I DIDN"T DO JOANS BEETLE your all just bitching to bitch.

Mario Vintage Werks resto I'm the one having the last laugh

Reply to
Kafertoys

If you didn't do Joan's Beetle then why did you accept $9000.00 from her?

Reply to
Scott H

i don't have a rusty ghia...i have a ghia that is pretty much all original and rust free...more bullshit spewing from your dickpipe....my 68 is primered for a reason...it was stripped to bare metal, something you don't seem to understand is a great thing to do to a car with many coats of paint(as you claimed joan's was)...if Joan's car had so many layers of paint why did you not strip it? Well, i know, because you told me...you had already half fixed the rear quarter beforehand and said it wouldnt' be right to charge her again to do it over...seems you should have fixed it right the first time instead of spreading the butter all over it...but at this point, i'm not sure you know any other way...i see folks daily on thesamba and other places that are learning bodywork as they go, and it looks better than your shit you claimed as a restoration and "show quality".... if you didn't do the work, why the f*ck did you charge the customer? you charged for alot of things that were not done...so either you are admitting you took money that you didn't deserve(making you a lying thief) or you are just full of shit....i'm thinking it's both... pull your head out of your ass and give the woman her money back you backyard hack...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

he's just lying through his remaining teeth.... i have IM's where one minute he claims he did the work, then he claims he didn't...not much different from what he and his wife posted on thesamba.... claiming to be someone else but using alot of "I" comments....they aren't even smart enough to lie...the way i see it Mario is a bitch, so hopefully his wife is at least a bit manly....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

time to cut the bullshit and diversions out Mario.... don't worry about MY abilities to do bodywork, i'm not the one that has been called onto the carpet...you are...you tell us how you feel the quality of work was on Joan's car...you are an "expert restorer" so tell us what kind of shape that car is in, and how well the "restoration" was done...I'm not a doctor, but if i see a bone sticking out of my skin i know that isn't right..

as i already replied the Ghia has zero rust unless you count the three small spots where the old, poorly done, vintage werks style repaint has peeled off.. but the key words you used are true "all you have"...damn right chump i own those two vw's, three bmw's, and several new vehicles...also own a home, i have money in the bank, and i run a successful small business...you can't say any of the above....According to the plate agency in NC you don't even own the 64 you brag about....you have nothing...you rent a dilapitated trailer, you rent a shop that isn't even setup to be a bodyshop, and you don't own most of the cars you part out...

yeah and you get the talking part done...the easy part...from all the pictures you post, bragging, you have shown that you, too, can only talk, but don't have the ability to perform a "restoration".... you promised Joan a car that is "good as new"..... we can't see that from the pictures, can you?

your silence and diversion(running, and running shows guilt) tell us all we need to know...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

here's the money shot:

anyone that is stripping a car, even to sound base, would grind that mess of plastic out to fix what was under it...but by your own admission to me, you knew what was under it because you had rigged it that way previously... way to go mr. credibility... please do discuss...or dodge, whichever you do best...maybe tell me i couldn't have done better, that will clear up the situation...@@

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 13:52:46 -0500, "Joey Tribiani" scribbled this interesting note:

Chris, you are going to blow a gasket if you aren't careful. Just remember, some are better at the art of cutting and pasting than others. One question remains, after seeing the video: How much does that $9,000.00 paint-job work out to when figured on a cost-per-run basis?

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

i won't blow a gasket, Mario isn't that good... just hard to understand how anyone can admit to me(off the board) that the job wasn't very good, yet still ruthlessly defend it with diversion. The big kicker for me(and you'd understand this being in business) is the defense that he didn't do the actual work....he subcontracted it out... i've eaten jobs before when i subcontracted then out. I was, afterall, the person contracted to do the work....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Whats funny is... your shop - Junk. Junk all over the place. Junk comes in, junk piled all over the place and Junk comes out. Are you sure its not - Mario's Junkyard?

And so far as the video.... Its funny you avoid saying almost anything. But yet you are all about rambling on here as a wonderful mechanic and seem all knowing about Joans car, but you acted like you didnt know shit in the video.

And your spelling STILL sucks. its Having the last laugh... Not Haveing the last laugh. and what is a bweetle?

whats it going to take Kelly for you to feel good about yourself ...you already screwed joan out of her car. As far as shops go Yes I started out in a very small shop and with hard work and great quality have moved up to what I have now. I said it before you couldn't fabricate good parts...I was right thats why you buy from someone else and I was right about you not able to fix the 74 thats why your tring to pawn it off .

I'm sure that anyone else that has seen that video will wonder what the problem with taking the little time to fix it.

Reply to
dragenwagen

Now you claim you didn't do Joans beetle? Then why did she get Problem Solvers on you?

Reply to
dragenwagen

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@j64g2000hsj.googlegroups.com...

As of Jan.2nd i'll have been in business for 11 years. I made and sold my own parts for probably 7 of those years, shipped them all over the world. Gerson contacted me about cking out some prototype parts for fit and correctness. My distributorship arose from that and my reputation in the VW world, and also the fact that i can install what we sell and formulate how to fix any problems that arise in them. As for Mario i have a deal for you buttmunch, you come to work as an apprentice for me and I'll teach you the ways to do a proper metal restoration, as for the paint part maybe Joey can take you under his wing and handle teaching you that. After this you would be able to do Joan's car for what she paid you the first round and actually do it like it should have been done, Hell I'm feeling generous I'll even teach Brad as well since it seems ya'll both need more proper instruction. I can oversee and make ya'll both almost as good as i am at it. What ya think? Hell to sweeten the pot i'll teacher Sherry the proper way to invoice a bill out, for what is actually has been done to the car, not what's planned or dreamed. You might even learn some good business tactics along the way and grow up to be like me instead of an Earl Shives wanna be. Let me know so i can arrange a welding test and a drug test for ya'll. Merry Christmas to every one else on the boards, and a wonderful holiday season. BE SAFE, as there is no cure for stupid. Later

while that's mighty nice of you Kelly, remember, you can't fix stupid...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani