electric fuel pump/throttle plate linkage

Ok first off i want to point out that the Haynes repair manuals suck!!! now, i have a problem with my electric fuel pump. its not moving gas and i dont know where it is,can sumbody help me? also i took off my air cleaner on the carb. and noticed that the throttle plate is not hooked up. the manual dont specify how its suposed to connect to the throttle cable. any suggestions will help. thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike Wilson

Would it be possible to know what year BUS this is on??

And whether it has been converted from FI to Carb??

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Reply to
Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike Wilson

The carb should have a cylindrical part that fits in the throttle lever to clamp the cable. Perhaps the part has been lost.

E-mail me the carb # if the part is missing and I'll see what we can do.

The elec fuel pump was added later so you'll have to do some digging. Take a voltmeter and see if power is getting to the pump. If not, you'll have to trace it back to where it gets power.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

The most common place to put it is under the tank. Look there first. Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Are you referring to the throttle plate or the choke plate (top)? If you follow the fuel line back from the carb, where does it go? Must be a pump back upstream there somewhere, ya think? Are you sure there is an

**electric** fuel pump?
Reply to
Busahaulic

Are you SURE you have an electric fuel pump?

-

Jim Adney