Electrical fan wiring question

Been fighting my electrical system on my 72 SB 'vert, got most of it under control, just not sure where the wires to the vent fan go?

The item in question is:

The wires that come out of it are
The two bundled together are:

Black Black-Green stripe

Then the third:

Brown

I know that the two bundled go to this connector, but not sure which goes where.

The colors are : Black-Yellow stripe Black-Red stripe

No clue where the brown wire goes.

Thanks for any help!!

Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

The diagram shows the fan wires as being: Blk/Red Blk/Yell

Brw goes to Ground.

Look on the fan switch. Should have Terminals: 33f, 33b, 15.

33f --- Blk/Red 33b --- Blk/Yell 15 --- Blk to Fuse.

The wires to the fan may have lost their color over the years. If you get them backwards, the fan speeds will be reversed.

Diagrams here:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks JIm!!