EMPI 8-spoke wheels

This Saturday I went to a flea market and a guy had a set of EMPI 8-spoke wheels. He wanted $50.00 for them. I have a couple questions. These wheels were two piece wheels. They were bolted together with maybe sixteen bolts. Is this safe? Also would there have to be a seal to seal the two pieces? I was concerned that the wheels may not hold air with a tubeless tire. The wheels were in really good shape, otherwise. They had the EMPI logo cast into them so I am assuming they are pretty old wheels. I am also assuming that the newest 8 spoke wheels for VWs are probably one piece. Could anyone shed some light on these wheels?

Brian Turner

Reply to
Brian Turner

What you have are original EMPI 2 piece 8 Spokes. All other versions are one piece.

If you got them for $50 bucks for the set, you basically stole them. They are very desired and hard to find anymore.

Reply to
Alan Nelson