engine removal procedure question

I'm preparing for my 1st engine removal and I'm going mentally over it again and again, so today's question is: which is the right spot to place the jack when lowering it? I read that under the engine, right on the oil sump? does it matter if I place the jack under the oil sump plate? should I avoid it?

thanks Ant

Reply to
Ant

Place the jack under the steel oil sump plate. NOT case aluminum. The sump plate is the best balance spot and strong too.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

I always use a floor jack. 2 to 3 tons. I center the round jack pad rigth around the sump plate. Best balance point I have found. Just take your time and make sure everything is disconnected before you try to lower it out. Good Luck

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

Yes, the right spot is under the sump plate. Place an old folded rag on the head of a floor jack to prevent bending anything.

Bill, '67 Bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos