Engine setup?????

Hi!

I start with work on my 1600 engine! It is very bad situation! I would like to to improve my engine to something more but my worst situation is that I live in Croatia far away from performance parts. So I have to made something more stock then performance engine (for now), so I need some of your options! I have old AS41 case, (try to line bored), put some 69 contra weight crank and old lightened flywheel New forged MHAALE 90.5 cylinders New 040 heads with some heads porting stock valve hard single valve springs new HD 26 mm oil pump Full flow

For now I CAN'T get double Webers 40 IDF :o( so I have new single BOCAR

34-3pic

So my biggest dilemma is to go with ENGLE W110 when is engine in meny part or to put this camshaft later? Is there big difference between ENGLE W110 (284°) and BUGPACK (284°) camshaft? I get get BUGPACK on easiest way :o) Which one is better for street engine? What I'll get with this camshaft? How will be economy with this engine?

Thanks for your help!

Regards from Croatia!

Tomica

Reply to
Tomislav Cekolj

.....................I guess it depends on how long it will be before you can get the Webers. The single Solex with larger jets might get you running for a while but it wouldn't be a good running set-up. If it's just going to be temporary, it would be easier than opening the case later on to change the camshaft.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I agree.

Put the 284 cam in now, build the case and all internal parts PERFECTLY. Don't save any pennies there. That way, you won't need to open it again later.

The other parts you can make temporary solutions with, the 34 carb will work ok up to 4000rpm maybe, if you get the jets right. Don't rev the engine past that, the carburator will not be enough. The vacuum signal for the distributor will probably be wrong, so block off any vacuum outlets and buy a 009 distributor. It's an easy, and relatively cheap solution that will work quite well.

Oh and if you can choose, buy a Webcam cam and LIFTERS from them too. They need to match, same hardness metal. Don't re-use the old lifters if you want a long lasting engine. Ask John at

for cam and lifters. He will sell you a matching set that will live long and not wear out.

Please note that with 90.5 cylinders you need a bigger exhaust system too, teh stock exhaust is too small and will cause overheating even!

Jan

Reply to
Jan