Engine Swap

Is it possible to install a 1800cc pancake (ie 914 style) engine in a 1963 Beetle (currently 1200cc)?

Reply to
Doug

Yes. But it requires quite a bit of modification. You should go look for more info in the type4rum at http:\\

Its a lot of work but well worth it, many say. I have done it, and I love it! Jan (from a restaurant in downtown Copenhagen, xcuse me for lack of details but I have a juicy steak to attend to :D )

Reply to
Jan

more info in the type4rum at http:\\

Its a lot of work but well worth it, many say. I have done it, and I loveit!

details but I have a juicy steak to attend to :D )

Git

Reply to
Juper Wort

more info in the type4rum at http:\\

Its a lot of work but well worth it, many say. I have done it, and I loveit!

details but I have a juicy steak to attend to :D )

get a glass of *translated into English * 'North Sea Oil' good for your constitution, and nothing else.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

I'll see about that next week, I'm home again for now..

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Yes. Either cut out the offending body parts that interfere with the install, or get the correct parts to convert the engine to an "upright" fan engine. Parts are readily available on-line for this conversion. I'd prefer the stock type engine build-up of a 1600 dp based engine unless I already had the 1800. If you are shopping for the engine, why not get the 2000cc version? Notice the "tongue in cheek" humor, please.

Reply to
Ken S.