Engine tin clearance

Here is an odd question for you Type I engine car owners. When the breast plate (the piece of engine tin that goes at the back (pully side) of the engine) is installed without the rubber engine seal, how much space (front to back) is there between the breast plate and the channel that the rubber engine seal fits in.

The reason I ask is because I had to replace the entire back portion of my car and now I can't fit the breast plate in place. I'm going to have to trim it and I need to know what the correct spacing should be.

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary H

I've seen anywhere from 1/4" to 1/2" at the breastplate area. The sides are usually tighter at 3/15" to 1/4". Hope this helps.

Reply to
Nor-Cal Dave

Uhhhhhuhu, he said "Breast", hehehehe, hehehehehehehehehehe

Jan :P

Reply to
Jan Andersson

.................You've got to get that airline ticket to Florida............soon!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Hehehehehehe I'm working on it ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

:: groan ::

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Thanks. That's what I needed.

Gary

Reply to
Gary H

I noticed the wierd ruler aslo. However I was more interested in the "breast" plate , as were the rest of us..........a little distracting when using that word you know..........

measures in 15ths of an

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®