Errors on wiring diagram, '71 T2, Bentley's?

Looking at wiring diagram "E" in Bentley's, for the 71 Type 2, I note two fans, V2 and V2, wired to fan switch, E9.

However, the legend at the bottom of the diagram does not mention any V2's. Only a V -- the windshield wiper motor.

The legend *does* mention a Y2, as a "fan motor, front."

But the diagram does not have a Y2, only a Y, which is presumably the clock since clock lamp L8 is shown lighting it.

To the best of my knowledge, my 71 bus (chassis number 221 xxxx xxx) does not have a fan switch or any fans, so I suspect that the diagram is wrong on a few counts. Enough guys have pored over these drawings for enough years for any errors to have been noted -- has anyone posted a correction sheet?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

-- has anyone posted a

...not sure. But what *is* readilly posted is various full color diagrams located here for all types of VW's

...I tend to print out disposable shop copies to get greasy when working. =-))

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott" wrote

Mike, I'm sure someone here will know the answer but if nobody does, you might try asking Bentley directly at their discussion forum here:

's not very active but they do usually answer questions pretty quickly. hth

Reply to
Scott H

Oh - ho! There were apparently two different 1971 wiring schemes. It looks like Bentley put the wiring diagram of the later version ("from January 1971", which had fans) with the legend of the earlier ("from August 1970") wiring diagram. vintagebus.com has 'em both. Tsk, tsk.

Posted an inquiry over at the Bentley forum thingy. Let the experts comment on this.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Reply to
TBear

You're right about the fans being rare, but the diagram in Bentley is nevertheless inaccurate.

There are two German-language versions of wiring diagrams for the the

1971 bus. aircooled.com has them online. If you check them out and compare them with Bentley's single diagram, it becomes apparent that Bentley has the legend of the non-fan version pasted below the diagram of the fanned version. As a result, there are several inconsistencies, as noted in my original post.
Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott" wrote

Hey Mike, in case you haven't noticed, Bentley finally posted a reply to your question over at their forum. I had begun to think they weren't going to reply. You get an "attaboy" for pointing out the error. :-)

Reply to
Scott H

Thanks - they dropped me a note to that effect and e-mailed the correct wiring diagram. Wiring diagrams are easy as cake for me. It's things with moving parts that have me flummoxed.