Filler neck band

Fellow air-cooled drivers,

Is there a trick to installing the 1 inch black band over the filler neck pipe and gas tank filler pipe? I have a '74 Super Beetle and I'm tired of smelling gas fumes. I bought a brand new hose and bands from the local VW dealer but the big hose removes the black band every time I put it on. I tried gluing the band on but that didn't work..

Reply to
azazel scratch

Try coating the inside of the filler hose with WD-40. That worked for me. I just installed my filler tube today.

Reply to
Robert

Try coating the inside of the filler hose with WD-40. That worked for me. I just installed my filler tube today.

Reply to
Robert

This is the same method I used too. If I hadn't been replacing the old filler neck, I would have never believed that it ever came off of that tube. It took two people pushing and pulling for me to get it back on.

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque