Fitting a new rear apron

I am trying to fit a new (Brazillian) rear apron on my '63 Bug and it is a real PIA. It aqppears that some judicious cutting and banging is in order to fit this sucker. The apron is the generic through '66 type. Any tips gang?

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

that says it all, if its a nice car then look for an original apron. Yes I know they sell for a hundred + but it will keep your 63 a better car in the long run.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys