Floorpans

I am aware that the beetle repo floor pans these days have a coupl

problems:

  1. the metal they are made of is of rather low quality
  2. there are problems getting the front tracking to fit and wor properly

My main question is this: Dose anyone know of a company which make stainless steel floor pans?

btw, I have a 67 beetle sedan. :

-- blackwido

----------------------------------------------------------------------- blackwidow's Profile:

this thread:

blackwidow

I'm doing the same thing. Got a drivers side pan that is really solid and suspect it is what everyone refers to as "Danish". From what I've been told aircooled.net's pans are beefy.

Stainless - that's an idea.. If they exist they must be expensive. I am curious whether you think the floor can't be protected with rust inhibitor paint, etc.

Reply to
Remco

Not sure about stainless....but the floor pans that Wolfsburg West sells are very nice and the seat tracks are good. The pans are thicker than the standard issue ones most places sell. I installed them on my '63 with good success.

Good luck!

Dane '69 Bug '63 Bug

blackwidow wrote:

Reply to
Dane Tyler

I looked at Wolfsburg West and they were 95 bucks per side + shipping. I think they are 120 for all 4 pieces from JC Whitney.

I read somewhere on the net I can use Jetta seats in a bug. Is this true? I am look for a cheap way to have good seats. Just the seat covers cost 100+ from CP/Jbugs

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

I think I heard that too and tried to install Rabbit seats into a 74 Beetle. I would have to make those little legs longer/taller to make the seats fit right. This would require welding the original legs onto the Rabbit seats. I have seen Toyota seats, and other vehicle's seats, in some Type 1s. ;-)

good luck, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

In my opinion the beetle seats are *almost* great. They are more comfortable then most of modern cars seats. I can drive for hours without a pain in the ass. The only problem is the head support and also the lateral support on the turns.

"dave AKA vwdoc1" wrote:

Joao

Joao Eliseu

I've seen JC Whitney's pans - they are pretty thin. If you protect them properly, do they last?

Reply to
Remco

Wolfsburg West supposedly has the best pans, but let me tell you that they are still far from perfect. If you can save the og pans, do it. The pans I have from WW had to be hammered a lot to fit well, one side was a full inch! short, and the original stop for the brake pedal will not work, you'll need to fabricate a new one. Thank God I didn't buy shitty pans or I'd really have been irritated. Good luck with your project.

-Chip

Reply to
Chip