For the Muir fans

Just got this email:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As someone who has purchased books by John Muir, you might like to know that My Boyhood And Youth will be released in paperback soon. You can pre-order your copy at a savings of 23% by following the link below.

My Boyhood And Youth John Muir, David Paterson (Introduction) Price: $8.43 You Save: $2.52(23%)

(July 30, 2006)

Book Description John Muir reveals his unusual childhood in this moving memoir as he chronicles his family's journey from Scotland to America's vast wilderness. His battles for survival during the pioneering years of Wisconsin depict a young boy with a free spirit and quiet individuality while also powerfully anticipating Muir's extraordinary career.

Reply to
Shag

Never figured you to have much of a social conscience that you would be interested in Mr. Muir. Unless of course you think the Mr. Muir that Amazon is referring to is the "VW" Mr. Muir. Ah yes, silly me that must be it.

Reply to
Steve

Oh, my bad. Did I get the wrong guy and mistakenly try to share the information with someone who might give a damn? I probably have you confused with that pussy who used to whine a lot on here, too. Wait... no, you ARE that pussy. :-) My social conscience tells me to tell you to f*ck off. So... f*ck off. HO HO HO!

Reply to
Shag

I suspect you may have thought this was the John Muir who wrote "How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive: A Manual of Step-by-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot." Indeed, Amazon.com seems to think so (clicking "John Muir" brings up these two books, and many others). However, the author of the book you mention, and most, if not all, of the others linked to "John Muir" by Amazon lived from 1838 to 1914. He's on the 2005 California special edition quarter. If you're into the preservation of wilderness, especially as National Parks, this is they guy you want to read about.

The "How to..." one lived from 1918 to 1977.

- Bill

Reply to
William J. Leary Jr.

Thanks, Bill. I thought there was a possibility I might have the wrong Muir when I posted this, but figured someone like yourself might politely steer me and others in the right direction. I also figured some d*****ad living in his mom's basement might spout off a little bit too, and was right on that account as well. So I got two out of three right. Figured someone would be helpful (score!), figured someone would be a loser d*****ad living in mom's basement and spout off a useless reply (score!), figured the Muir they were talking about was the "relevant Muir." (no dice!) Like Meatloaf said, two out of three ain't bad. :-)

William J. Leary Jr. wrote:

Reply to
Shag

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Shag

I did that on purpose. I know what a hard time you have with three letter words. Steve

Reply to
Steve

" You must be a BIG fan of mine. No posts since last November? I'm flattered. *bats eyelashes*"

Sort of. I have in the past enjoyed many of your stories, trials and tribulations. You have over time however become course, crude and rude. My reply to the amazon post was to allow you to be on the receiving end of a response that comes out of nowhere and obviously is meant to be a slight of some sort. Something you have become quite good at lately. Learn from the past, Live in the present, Look to the future.

If the garbage truck is a VW I might be interested. Steve

Reply to
Steve

Thanks for the tip, Shag. I'll see that the library buys a copy.

I never did get it perfectly clear, but wasn't 'our' John Muir the orginal's grandson?

You misspelled "coarse." Just so you know. ;-) The beach was "Carolina Beach." I'm pretty sure that if you search online you can find out what kind of job openings they have there for someone with you talents. Best of luck.

Reply to
Shag

damn it Shag... i gotta point out that you said "with you talents".... you made me do it....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
Shag

Nope.

I can't do it on my laptop, but hold down your ALT key and then type 0233 on your Numeric keypad. That will produce the correct accent mark.

Speedy Jacques

Reply to
Speedy Jim

LOL....you go Jacques....sorry Shag...i just had to(o). you know how i am...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Glad you enjoyed your trip, Shag. When is your next one?

href="

"Den'sDogs

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Hey, I'm on a laptop... touch=E9!

Solution: laptop keyboards have an embedded numeric keypad. To enable, either engage the NumLock or hold the Fn key while executing the [ALT+0233] sequence.

Jim

VWFilms

Yeah. I know about the Fn key; not enuf dexterity to hold everything at once. LOL

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Time to get one of those Oprah-size laptops with a numeric keypad! Hey, you know you need a 30" screen.

Reply to
Michael Cecil