Frame repair on 60 Kombi

I've stumbled upon a 1960 Kombi, complete, running, and the price is right, however there is some very frightening rust on the frame, where it goes around the rear torsion tube. Can this area be repaired without catasrophic expense? Split windows are as rare as hen's teeth here on the canadian praries, and I'd hate to pass this up.

Mike Kayer

Reply to
noname